Friday 16 January 2015

2015 To Do list... as opposed to resolutions!


I shouldn't have mentioned diaries in my last post, it was bound to be a few months until I'd be back on here, haha! 

2014 was quite a tough year for me for many reasons, so I hope to make 2015 what it could and should be.  I have a few updates to post in the coming weeks on previous projects and some new ones as well!  

I've also ventured into the world of dressmaking...  My To Do list is as long as ever, so here's a snippet of what's on it and what I plan to work on in the near future, DV.

I have six PDF patterns from The Peekaboo Pattern Shop on Etsy to work on, four of which I have done or intend to do soon.  (I got them for Christmas!) These four are:

Hampton Hoodie: Women's Hoodie Sewing Pattern, Shirt Sewing Pattern for Women
The Hampton Hoody for myself
Classic Sweatshirt: Hoodie Sewing Pattern, Sweatshirt Sewing Pattern
The Classic Sweatshirt for Miss EJ

Alex and Anna Winter PJs for both DJ and EJ
Oopsy Daisy Overalls Jumper: Jumper Sewing Pattern, Jumperalls, Overalls Jumper Pattern
Oopsy Daisy Overalls Jumper for Miss EJ


 I also got the Classic Chinos and the Classic Oxford Button Up Shirt patterns for when required... It was so hard to stick to just five or six.  I think they'll prove very useful and wearable with potential for variations.  The great thing about the kids patterns especially is that they have such a great range of sizes, a lot go up to age twelve! You could definitely get your money's worth with these.

Also on the To-Do List (no, that's not enough...)  is finish piecing DJs "Double Crossed Quilt" by Amy Smart of Diary of a Quilter.  I chose similar colours to those in her quilt, with added cars and planes and diggers for a vehicle mad little boy! It's the twin size I'm working on, so there's no major hurry as such... ahem...

Double Crossed Quilt PATTERN
 

Last year, I purchased the Moneta dress pattern by Colette and really wanted to get started but can't decide what fabric to make it in... it needs three metres of jersey and I really want to love my choice before buying anything.

Oh and on a slightly urgent note, Mr P. needs work shirts!

There's probably more ideas lurking in the far corners of my brain and Pinterest, but that should keep me busy for now!  My lists are legendary.

I'll be posting updates on my 2015 To Do list to keep you informed on my progress.  

What's on your sewing list? Please comment if you have one too :)



Kathelle x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathelle , happy new year!

    Hope you and yours are ok and fitting fit!

    Just received your latest blog update, only the second one I've received! It's fab I have to say :))
    Never heard from you in ages are you not on folksy now?
    I still think about my fav cushion btw as my sitting room is still tartan !
    Love to hear from you , take care Steph xx

    ReplyDelete